These are the steps for Marriage Preparation at Holy Family Parish:
1. Make an initial appointment to begin preparation with Father Ryan Elder, Parish Priest, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (919) 732-1030, ext. 105. * Either the bride, the groom, or both should be a practicing Catholic and a member of Holy Family Parish. Exceptions may be made for a serious reason; please inform Father Ryan during the first meeting if this is the case.
2. Bring any paperwork that you have handy: Birth Certificates, Baptism Certificates, certificates of any other Sacraments received (First Communion, Confirmation), and civil Marriage Certificate, if applicable.
3. After the first appointment with Father Ryan, continue preparation with Deacon Bert L’Homme, our Parish Deacon.
4. Attend a Wedding Workshop offered through the Diocese of Raleigh, either in Spanish at Holy Family, or at another site in either English or Spanish. The list of available dates can be found on the Diocese of Raleigh website.
5. Have a final appointment with Father Ryan to plan the Mass or wedding ceremony and finalize your paperwork with the Bishop's office.
6. Schedule your wedding rehearsal and celebrate the Sacrament of Penance before the wedding. The Diocese of Raleigh requires SIX MONTHS of Marriage Preparation before a wedding may take place; PLEASE do not make any plans for your wedding date before speaking with Father Ryan.
For information on wedding celebrations in Spanish, please click here.