Baptism Preparation for Infants or Young Children (age 5 or under)
Baptism is a Sacrament of Initiation, and we look forward to meeting with families to schedule this special day to welcome their child into God's Family. Bernadette Pavlis coordinates Baptisms in English. For Spanish-speaking Sacramental prep and ceremonies, click here.
- Provide your name, phone and email contact information to Bernadette Pavlis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Holy Family Catholic Church at 919-732-1030 at least 1 month prior to the desired Baptismal date. The parents must be registered members of Holy Family Catholic Church, actively participating in the Parish for at least 3 months.
- There are several forms which require completion according to the Diocese of Raleigh norms for Baptism, which will be forwarded to you.
- A one hour Baptismal Preparation Class is held at the Church for Parents and Godparents, which will be scheduled on an individual basis. The Church's teaching on Baptism will be reviewed, and there will be an orientation held in the Church.
- Baptisms are typically scheduled on Saturday mornings with our Pastor, Father Ryan.
Baptism Preparation for Older Children (6-17 years old)
- Children age 6 and older will receive Baptism Preparation in tandem with their Faith Formation class; they must be enrolled in Religious Education Classes at their age-appropriate level (Elementary, Middle School, High School).
- Parents are also required to attend a Baptismal Preparation class, and Godparents are encouraged to attend along with them.
- For Baptisms for older children, please contact our Faith Formation office to make preparations.
Baptism Preparation for Adults
If you are an adult seeking Baptism in the Catholic Church, we are glad you are here! We offer Baptismal Preparation for adults over 18 through our RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults) program. Please click this link for more details.