This program is for high school students who are already baptized and have received First Reconciliation and First Communion. Confirmation preparation may begin in 9th grade. Students must complete two years of Confirmation preparation in order to be Confirmed. Preparation includes workshops, small classes, discussion groups, and social justice involvement.
Confirmation Youth Ministry (CYM) Class Schedule:
Sundays – Holy Mass @ 8am followed by Class at 9am
- Confirmation Mass for students receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation
Wednesday, May 22 @ 6pm (students must arrive @ 5pm) at Holy Cross Catholic Church in Durham
- Confirmation Graduation Day
Sunday, May 26 @ 8:40am, where 1st year prep students host a party for the Confirmands
FAMILY CATECHESIS REQUIRES THE PARTICIPATION OF CHILDREN AND PARENTS.
Parents are asked to attend these mandatory meetings and events throughout the year:
- 1st Year Prep Parent’s Meeting: Sunday, May 5 @ 9am
- OPTIONAL Saint Day Presentation: Sunday May 12 @ 9am
- Story Sharing School Year Recap: Sunday, May 19 @ 9am
- 2nd Year Prep Parents: Confirmation Mass: Wednesday, May 22 @ 6pm at Holy Cross Catholic Church in Durham
- 1st and 2nd Year Prep Parents Graduation Day Event: Sunday, May 26 @ 8:40am
- 1st Year Prep: Uses the YouCat textbook from Ignatius Press, Be My Disciples – Creed from RCL Benzinger, and the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
- 2nd Year Prep: Uses the YouCat textbook from Ignatius Press and the Catechism of the Catholic Church, and Confirmation from Sadlier Publications.
Registration for the new class year will begin over the Summer.
Please contact Ashley Neumann during Faith Formation office hours on Wednesdays from 5-7pm or Sundays from 8:30am-2pm, or see a member of the Faith Formation Team in the Atrium after Sunday Masses.
Phone: 919-732-1030 x 110
The Confirmation Team:
- Ashley Neumann
- Carol Komondy
- Sonia Salvatierra
- Adolf Santos
- Cynthia Hoffman