Baptism Preparation for infants or children under age 5
Baptism is a Sacrament of Initiation, and we look forward to meeting with families to schedule this special day for their child. Bernadette Pavlis coordinates Baptisms in English. For Spanish-speaking Sacramental prep and ceremonies, click here.
- Provide your name, phone and email contact information to Bernadette Pavlis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Holy Family Catholic Church at 919-732-1030 at least 1 month prior to the desired Baptismal date. The parents must be registered members of Holy Family Catholic Church, actively participating in the Parish for at least 3 months.
- There are several forms which require completion according to the Diocese of Raleigh norms for Baptism, which will be forwarded to you.
- A one hour Baptismal Preparation Class is held at the Church for Parents and Godparents, which will be scheduled on an individual basis. The catechism of Baptism will be reviewed, and there will be an orientation held in the Church.
- Baptisms are scheduled with Deacon Bert on Saturdays.
- Children age 6 and older must be enrolled in Religious Education Classes. The child is also required to accompany the parents to the Baptismal Preparation Class.
For more information, please contact Bernadette Pavlis.